Search form

You are here

I want to be heard!

I wanna be heardThis page will show you how you can make:

  • compliments
  • suggestions
  • complaints

About Haringey Council Services. We provide a range of services to our community, including:

  • after-school clubs
  • education
  • foster care
  • housing
  • leisure centres
  • libraries
  • museums
  • parks
  • play services
  • rubbish collection
  • youth clubs.

You also have the right to get someone you can trust to make a compliment, suggestion or complaint for you.

Back to top

What should I tell you about?

We want you to tell us if there is something that we have done well, could do better or have done wrong.

Let us know if you feel that you have been treated unfairly.

Back to top

How can I get help?

You may want someone to help and support you.

This person can:

  • help get your views across about decisions which have been made about you
  • provide choices which will help you make a decision.

This person is called an advocate.

Your advocate can be a:

  • parent
  • family member
  • carer
  • key worker such as a Youth Worker
  • teacher, or any other council staff member.

If you would like to talk to us about Children's and Young People's Services, we can put you in touch with an independent advocate who can support and assist you.

Back to top

What happens next?

We will:

  • listen to you
  • try and help you
  • make sure we do things fairly and properly.

Back to top

How to contact us

Contact our Children and Young Peoples team.

You can contact the Children and Young People’s team for assistance at:

  • Freepost RLZE-ERTJ-CEZJ
    Children and Young People’s Complaints
    48 Station Road
    N22 7TY

If you want to visit us in person our offices are in Wood Green, you can arrange an appointment.

You can telephone the team on freephone 0800 073 0701.

You can email the team on

You can use a minicom to contact us on 020 8489 2088.

Back to top

Who else can help?

  • Childline 0800 1111
  • Childline for children living at home 0800 8844 44
  • Who Cares? Trust Magazine 020 7251 3117
  • Open Door Counselling Service  020 8348 5947
  • NSPCC Child Protection Helpline 0800 800 5000
  • National Youth Advocacy 0800 616 101
  • Patient and Advice Liaison Service (PALS) Confidential advice and information about health services 020 8442 6859

Your feedback

Please let us know if this page was useful to you by answering the question below or by leaving a comment (or you can do both).

Did you know?